Resignation letter is important, don’t ignore it. As we get jobs in our daily life similarly sometimes we have to resign from our job due to some solid reason. It is difficult decision but situation molds us to take this strong step. In that case we are bound to write a resignation letter so that we can get clearance from the organization and be free to join any other organization. We here in this website have to answer to you query about “How to write a resignation letter?” No doubt that you have come to the correct website. In this article we shall help you in writing a resignation letter. Some sample resignation letters are also given below that will help you in writing your own resignation letter. Important tips to write a resignation letter are given below;
- As in any other official letter remember to be concise and brief and write straight forwardly.
- Avoid criticizing your employer in your resignation letter.
- Write exact information about your leaving date and there should be no doubt in it..
- You should also include some statements in your letter to show that you really appreciate the time you spent with the employer.
- Always remember to include some statement showing that you are grateful to the employer for providing such a good opportunity to work in his/her organization.
- If you mention why you are leaving, make sure that you do not include anything negative.
- Your resignation letter will be filed in your employment file and will be considered when your future employer will ask about your performance from your previous employer.
- Write your full name and you rank post in the beginning.
- Clearly mention the dates of the letter and that of your leaving.
- Start with Dear Sir/Madam to show respect to your previous employer.
- At the end mention your name.
- In the end enter a positive comment about the employer
- Type your letter and print it on quality paper.
- Your signature should be there on resignation letter.
- Proofread your letter at least once to ensure that you have entered all necessary information.
Dear [Mr./Mrs./Ms. Recipient’s Last Name]:
I am formally notifying you that I’ll be tendering my resignation from ____________________ [Company Name]. My last day will be on _________________ [Month Day, Year].
[Optional Paragraph]I never imagined that I would have to leave__________________ [Company Name], but due to_____________________________ [Reason], I have decided to pursue opportunities elsewhere.____________________________ [Optional Paragraph]
If there is anything that I can do to make this alteration easier for the company, let me know and I’d be more than willing to help out.
I have truly enjoyed my work here and I would like to thank you for the opportunity that you have given me to work here at______________________________ [Company Name].
Sincerely,[Signature] [Your Name] [Your Title]